My cognizant interview experience

/
0 Comments
In my previous post I shared my Infosys interview experience. This post is again about interview...:p This time going to share my Cognizant interview experience. Cognizant visited our college just on the next day of Infosys's visit.

Again interview procedure was mainly in two phase...

1) Aptitude test: 
- Again No technical questions.....
- Questions were based on logical reasoning, verbal ability & quantitative aptitude. But verbal section was really tough...

2) Personal Interview: 

This one was not so easy as Infosys one...   It took around 20 minutes....

Here it goes.....
Me: May I come in sir?

Interviewer: Yes, come in vatsal.... (Yeah he used my name..) 

Me: thank u sir.. 
(He took my resume in his hand....)

Interviewer: So you was a good performer in 10th & 12th ..... What about graduation???  (Since I was having 91 & 83 % in 10th & 12th respectively, in B.Tech my PPI is 7.8 /10 )
(So he wanted to know my opinion about my performance....)


Me: Sir in graduation according to marksheets my performance is average but I during my graduation I used to work upon projects because I like practical work and I have never left a single chance to work upon a good project.... 

(He looked impressed by my answer..)

Interviewer: Ohk ... So do you have any hobbies like paining or something....or you are a programmer....?  

Me: Sir I am of course a programmer....But not only programmer..... I like acting & blogging..... I have been writing  a Tech blog since last one year..... (with smiling face..:))

(Then he started technical questions...... Here I was supposed to rock...:P)

Interviewer: Ohk what is normalization in terms of DBMS?? 

Explained.....  
(But I gave normal answer so he didn't looked too impressed ...)

Interviewer: Ohk what is primary key?

Given proper definition....

Interviewer: Ohk what if I want to add primary key to a table afterwards means initially I forgotten to add primary key.

Me: If table will be having null values & repeatable values then DBMS won't allow us to add primary key.... But if there is no null values & repeatable values then it will allow us to add primary key...

Then he tried to fully confuse me on this question for next 5 minutes yeah 5 minutes on such question and frankly telling I was confused but still I didn't change my answer.... 

(He was not impressed by that answer .... I think he was trying to stress me and I was a little bit stressed at that time ...) 

After that "brainstorming" discussion about primary keys..... He threw a puzzle on me ...... .. I took 2 minutes to thing but unfortunately didn't able to solve that puzzle...:( 

They told me to share this puzzle with my friend who were supposed to go in after me. He also told me that he will ask about the puzzle to those & he will not repeat the definition of the puzzle to them that means I was suppose to properly explain the puzzle to my friends..... and he really asked about puzzle to the candidates who went after me.  :/

Still it was not over.... He carried on...

He: Ok vatsal let's play a game..... 
Me: sure sir... 
He: you give me single question which you think that remaining candidates will not able to answer...
He also told me that if someone of them will able to answer it then you will be rejected ...:o .I don't know whether he was serious or not..but it was a testing time because all remaining candidates were my  friends so we read together ...so it was difficult to find out such question . But I finally put my question:
"How to handle cookies in java servlet proramming?"


I was not knowing whether i would be selected or not but this was seriously thrilling experience... I really enjoyed that interview & will never forget this one....:P 

Sorry forget to tell result.... I was selected....:D And will be joining this company whenever i'll receive call letter.....:) :D 





You may also like

Popular Posts