GitLab: Free Github alternative for your private project

/
0 Comments
(Caution: Trust me you might wan to skip first paragraph. It's full of emotional shit.)
It's been more than year since I left this blog orphan. However I have been noticing some activities on this blog and that make me think that it definitely deserve some attention from its owner. So here I am just got out from my cave. Bear with me if this post doesn't turn out that informative (It's been a year and I am rusty enough to write some crap :P).  

Coming to the main topic... This one's on techie track.Github, one of most popular place for opensource projects because of its powerful features for collaboration, code management, issue tracking, code management. Although you can have Github for your private projects, it is not free. Fortunately there is an alternative for Github for your private repos (Gitlab), which is even better than Github.See why GitLab is better than GitHub

You can setup Gitlab on your private server within few minutes and you will be all set to start committing your code.


Step 1: Go to this link to download Gitlab community edition package.
Step 2: Choose operating system of your choice from drop-down:
         

And yep as highlighted in the screenshot, it is also compatible with RPi. (Cool huh B-))

Step 3: After that follow the installation instructions and we are all set.

Will update this post with some more details if needed.
Meanwhile Comments are most welcome for doubts, suggestions etc. etc ..



You may also like

Popular Posts